Don't let the word "spinach" scare you from making this delicious protein shake. It's incredibly easy and delicious. Try this after a workout and not only will your muscles be thanking you, but so will your entire body! The spinach in the recipe provides essential vitamins like C, A and K, as well as the antioxidant, Lutein. The cherries in the recipe also add some much needed Vitamin B!
NOTE: This would be really fun to make for Valentine's Day because it is pink, despite the addition of the spinach. The protein powder that you use may change the color slightly.
Not sure about which protein powder to use? We reviewed our favorite whey protein powder and our favorite plant-based protein powder! You’ll surely find one you love! And, always add this one unexpected ingredient to your shakes!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Check our disclosure policy for more details.Print
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered and stems removed (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- desired amount of ice
- Add the coconut or almond milk, spinach, strawberries and cherries in a blender and puree until smooth and well mixed.
- Add protein powder and ice to blender mixture and blend for approximately one minute.