Have you ever had pancakes that didn’t need any syrup or any other toppings? Me either until I made these Healthy Cake Batter Pancakes!
CAKE BATTER PANCAKES
We’ve been on a huge pancake kick lately and I feel like I’ve eaten pancakes literally every single day for the past month. I just can’t get over how good they are and how easy they are to make!
I call these Cake Batter Pancakes because the batter is amazing and reminds me of “licking the bowl” when I was little. You could get creative and throw in some sprinkles to make them even more festive! 😉
We have made these for brunch and everyone loved them (even those who aren’t into eating healthy). We also had cage-free scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage (meat from quality sources). Everything was delicious.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Below are a few of our favorite clean eating breakfast recipes:Print
Healthy Cake Batter Pancakes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 3 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1 tsp stevia extract
- less than 1/4 tsp baking powder
- less than 1/4 tsp baking soda
- less than 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl & stir to combine. The batter will seem thick but keep stirring. I do not add extra liquid because I like mine fluffy but you can add liquid to reach your desired consistency.
- Coat (or spray) pan with olive oil or coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Add batter once the pan is warm.
- Cook for approx 2 minutes on each side or until slightly browned.
This typically makes 3 pancakes using the ingredients as listed (which is one serving) but this can easily be doubled. The number of pancakes will vary depending on how much liquid you use and how large you want them.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply