- 2 lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chopped white or Vidalia onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium green bell peppers (approx 2 cups), minced
- 2 14.5 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes with chiles (Can substitute fresh tomatoes with chiles if preferred)
- In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients, stirring to ensure ingredients are mixed and well distributed.
- Heat on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken and serve warm.
Add Greek yogurt in place of sour cream or a low-fat, organic cheddar cheese for a little treat.