Create this easy crockpot chicken tortilla soup while you are at work or out running errands! It’s incredibly healthy and tastes AMAZING!
The weather hasn’t been too frightful here in Georgia, but it’s getting colder and windier with each passing day; therefore, that only means one thing – soup weather! Luckily it’s as healthy for you as it is tasty, so no worries if you decide to go back for seconds.Print
- 2 lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chopped white or Vidalia onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium green bell peppers (approx 2 cups), minced
- 2 14.5 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes with chiles (Can substitute fresh tomatoes with chiles if preferred)
- In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients, stirring to ensure ingredients are mixed and well distributed.
- Heat on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken and serve warm.
Add Greek yogurt in place of sour cream or a low-fat, organic cheddar cheese for a little treat.