DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by Kohl's. Thank you for supporting He and She Eat Clean.
These No Bake Gingerbread Protein Balls are the PERFECT pre and/or post workout snack. You can also just keep them on hand for when a craving strikes or when your kids want a festive treat but they've (or you've!) had too much junk food already!
The hardest part about this recipe is actually waiting until they are finish cooling to eat! I'm pretty sure I ate half of the batter before they made it into actual Gingerbread Protein Balls.
Honestly, I'm not a big gingerbread fan. After making these I realized that I'm just not a fan of baked gingerbread. These are perfect because they are "no bake" so they still taste like the batter after they cool. That's a plus in my book!
I made these using this food processor from Kohl's. We've had ours for years and it is perfect for what we use it for. However, if you are looking for a heavy duty food processor Kohl's has many different options at different price points (you can view those here).
Clean Eat Recipe: No Bake Gingerbread Protein Balls
- 1 packet/scoop vanilla whey protein powder (we use TLS whey protein packets)
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey (you may also add or sub for another sweetener of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, except for the maple syrup and additional sweetener (if desired) and process until mixed. Add in maple syrup and sweetener. Process again. The batter will form against the sides and will be sticky.
- Scoop out the batter by hand or use a spoon and roll into ¼" balls. Depending on which sweetener and how much you used, they might be sticky. Sprinkle additional oat flour over the batter and on your hands in order to easily roll them into shape. Place balls on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator to chill. These are best served cold (after a few hours in the refrigerator).
Kohl's #MakeYourMove campaign isn't only about moving, it's about living an overall healthy lifestyle. Finding healthier alternatives to your favorite foods is a great way to #MakeYourMove in the kitchen! What are your favorite holiday treats? We might be able to help you make a healthy version!
Don't forget to download our FREE Fit Festive Foods eCookbook! It includes the following recipes + tips to stay on track over the holidays! Grab your copy here.
- Sugar Cookies
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Gingerbread Smoothie
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pomegranate Mojito
- Cherry Almond Shooter
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl's.