Who doesn't like a little chocolate in their life once in a while? And how much fun are some whoopie pies? I spent some time "cleaning up" a friend's recipe. These make a great treat!
Clean Chocolate Whoopie Pies
For the Whoopie Cookie
- 5/8 c dark, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c oat flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 c Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl, whisking to combine. Mix wet ingredients in a bowl, combining thoroughly with a whisk, handheld mixer or a stand mixer.
2. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredient mixture, whisking to combine. Your batter will be of a dough-like consistency and very sticky.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper OR use a non-stick baking sheet lightly spritzed with olive oil. Using a spoon, drop small dough balls onto a baking sheet.
4. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Makes 32 Whoopie cookies.
For the Filling
- 1/4 c chilled, unsweetened, unflavored greek yogurt
- 1/4 c chilled coconut oil
- 2/3 c Stevia in the Raw
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
2. With mixer set to low, slowly add Stevia and vanilla to mixture.
3. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Whoopie Filling is approximately 1 TBSP.
Combine filling in the middle of 2 Whoopie Cookies and you have a clean Whoopie pie!
Also try our other "healthier" candy recipes!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.