Try our other “healthier” candy recipes!Print
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp oat flour
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 1/2 cup Xylitol Brown No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla (avoid HFCS)
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 Tbsp water + 1 Tbsp water
- 1/8 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (avoid HFCS)
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- dash of salt
- 1.5 cups Stevia in the Raw
- 8–10 ounces dark chocolate, melted (try Lindt extra dark chocolate 85% cocoa)
1. Make the caramels:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine everything except for the vanilla and peanuts.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce heat and continue to stir for approx 20 minutes. Add vanilla.
- Once combined, place the mixture aside while making the rest of the bar.
- Do NOT add the peanuts yet!
2. Using an electric mixer, combine 1/2 Tbsp water, brown rice syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, natural peanut butter, and salt until creamy. Slowly add Stevia in the Raw. Note: The Stevia in the Raw gives it a somewhat bitter taste at this point – this is okay!
3. Once combined, remove it from the bowl with your hands and press it into a lined or greased 4″ pan. Place in refrigerator to cool.
4. If your caramel has hardened, heat it back up for a few minutes until soft. Once soft, mix in the peanuts. Once filling from step 3 is firm, pour caramel over the filling. Place back in the refrigerator to cool.
5. Once your refrigerated mixture is firm (this could take a few hours), melt the chocolate in the microwave for approx 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Cut mixture into bite-size bars and dip in melted chocolate to cover, using a fork.
6. Place bite size bars onto wax paper and allow to cool (this could take a few hours).
- We also poured some of ours into a lined muffin tin. If you are also doing this, make sure you add melted chocolate to the bottom, then add the filling, and finally top off with more melted chocolate.
- Caramel recipe adapted from www.joyofbaking.com.
- Entire recipe adapted from The Best of Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.