Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Clean Eat Recipe :: Baked Berry Oatmeal - Sweetened with Nectresse
This post brought to you by Nectresse™ Sweetener. All opinions are 100% mine.
We have a special treat for you today! The good folks at NECTRESSE™Sweetener (made by the creators of Splenda) offered us a sample to try and create something magically sweet with their no-calorie sweetener for you. I know what you are thinking... you read "The Creators of Splenda" and you flipped out, right? Well, NEVER FEAR! This is a clean sweetener alternative - it is the only 100% natural sweetener made from fruit. In fact, it's made from monk fruit - also known as luo han guo (an ingredient in one of our favorite products, Quest Bars!). You can find Nectresse in your neighborhood grocery store - a HUGE plus if you get a hankering for a quick clean sweet fix.
I have been wanting to make a baked oatmeal with fruit for some time now and really struggled with the type of sweetener to put in it. Once I saw the packets of NECTRESSE™Sweetener, I knew that now was the time! The amount that you need is much less than ordinary sugars and/or alternative sweetener products - which is a big benefit! The taste is AMAZING!
Baked Berry Oatmeal
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 packets of NECTRESSE™Sweetener
1 medium banana, sliced
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup blueberries
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
2 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
2. In a small, 5" diameter round ceramic baking dish, add oats, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, baking powder and Nectresse. Stir to combine.
3. Slowly add in bananas, strawberries and blueberries, stirring slightly to combine.
4. In an additional bowl, whisk together almond milk, vanilla extract and egg whites. Slowly pour into baking dish to combine with oat mixture.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on oven. Let sit for 10 minutes after baking.
Makes 4 servings.
Want to learn more about NECTRESSE™Sweetener? You can view Lisa Ling's Video Testimonial below.
After you view it be sure to sign up to receive your own FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener.
Want to change the recipe up a little? Add some dark chocolate and/or walnuts!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.