I know that’s a long title but it’s the only way I know how to describe them! And the title isn’t an exaggeration! I was skeptical at first but these cookies are so good and healthy! These are easily made gluten-free by using gluten-free oats.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 can (150 g) organic garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1 whole organic egg
- 2 squares dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1 Tbsp Xylitol
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Add all ingredients, excluding chocolate, to a food processor
- Pulse food processor until ingredients form a smooth texture
- Once ingredients are combined into a smooth texture, fold chocolate into batter
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before serving
- Xylitol is toxic to animals so keep these cookies and ingredient away from your pets!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Am egg sensitive. Do you think a ‘flax’ egg would substitute?
Whitney Carlson says
Hi Rosie, I’ve never tried anything else but you could try that or 1 TBSP of coconut oil might work as well.