Think you can’t make your favorite Thai treat healthy? Think again! This Spicy Thai Basil Shrimp and Brown Rice Noodle dish is everything you have been craving without the guilt. Clean eating at it’s best, this will only take you 15 minutes to cook once you prep the veggies!
Our Clean Spicy Thai Basil Shrimp and Rice Noodles recipe is exactly what you need when you are craving a taste of the Orient. Crisp tasting with a hint of spice, you will forget that this recipe is even healthy! It’s a great recipe if you are crunched for time as it takes about 15 minutes to fully prep ingredients and prepare the dish. Grab some chopsticks and treat yourself to something special!Print
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP low sugar fish sauce (Most have 0g sugar and few ingredients)
- 1 TBSP coconut aminos
- 1 package brown rice Pad Thai noodles (Use a brand that contains only rice flour. You could also substitute for Kelp noodles)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ lb shrimp, shells on
- 1 C carrots, shredded
- 2 TBSP green onion, diced
- ½ C fresh basil, diced
- ¼ C raw cashews, chopped
- Boil water for rice noodles as directed on package.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine honey, lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare rice noodles as directed on package and strain into a large bowl once they are prepared.
- As rice noodles are cooking, add coconut oil to a large pan or wok. Heat until liquefied over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30-45 seconds stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp, stirring frequently (approximately every 20 seconds) and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and green onions and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add basil, cashews and sauce mixture, cooking until basil is slightly wilted or approximately 1 minute.
- Combine stove top ingredients with rice noodles in a large bowl, tossing to coat noodles and equally distribute stir-fry ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Thai