- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP low sugar fish sauce (Most have 0g sugar and few ingredients)
- 1 TBSP coconut aminos
- 1 package brown rice Pad Thai noodles (Use a brand that contains only rice flour. You could also substitute for Kelp noodles)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ lb shrimp, shells on
- 1 C carrots, shredded
- 2 TBSP green onion, diced
- ½ C fresh basil, diced
- ¼ C raw cashews, chopped
- Boil water for rice noodles as directed on package.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine honey, lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare rice noodles as directed on package and strain into a large bowl once they are prepared.
- As rice noodles are cooking, add coconut oil to a large pan or wok. Heat until liquefied over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30-45 seconds stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp, stirring frequently (approximately every 20 seconds) and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and green onions and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add basil, cashews and sauce mixture, cooking until basil is slightly wilted or approximately 1 minute.
- Combine stove top ingredients with rice noodles in a large bowl, tossing to coat noodles and equally distribute stir-fry ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Thai