- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (check out this guide on how to boil chicken!)
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (skimmed off of the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cup green peas (if using frozen, thaw prior to adding to recipe)
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- If you have not pre-prepared your chicken, place chicken in an additional pot of boiling water for 40 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and shred chicken using forks or a stand mixer. Not sure how to boil chicken? We’ve got you covered! Check out this post.
- Meanwhile, soften cubed and peeled butternut squash in a large pot of boiling water for approximately 40 minutes. Remove butternut squash from pot using a strainer and place in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash butternut squash to a smooth, but somewhat chunky texture.
- Add apple cider vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, thyme and onion powder to the mashed butternut squash and stir to combine.
- Add coconut creme and oil, stirring to combine.
- Stir in coconut oil, coconut creme, shredded chicken and green peas.
- Place mixture in a large skillet and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes on medium heat.