AT-HOME HIIT WORKOUT
It has been a while since we've released a fun, random workout. 🙂 We are calling this one "The 100 Workout". You do not need any workout equipment, the only requirement is space where you can safely do each exercise. This is a HIIT workout, which stands for High-Intensity Interval Training. Almost all of our workouts can be adapted for beginners, including this one. We will go over some adjustments below but do keep in mind that this is a difficult workout.
Before getting started consult with your doctor to make sure you can do this workout and/or start a workout routine. Push yourself but only do so safely. Takes breaks as needed.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE STARTING
This is a tough workout and there are several different ways you can approach it.
To make this workout hard (or harder!):
- Do the listed reps on each leg when it makes sense (for example: do 40 jump lunges on EACH leg instead of 20 on each leg)
- Do the advanced version of the exercises (full burpees, push-ups on your feet, etc)
- Do each exercise more quickly as safely as possible (ex: jump faster for jumping jacks)
- Try to beat your overall time each time you do the workout (once or twice a week!)
To make this workout easier:
- Take breaks as needed
- Only do half of the reps listed (start with 50 jumping jacks)
- For the listed exercises such as jump lunges only do 20 on each leg (for a total of 40)
- Modify each workout listed (ex: walk up your legs during mountain climbers instead of running, go to your knees for push-ups, etc.)
For things like the high knees (90), mountain climbers (70), and butt kicks (30) you can count or set a timer for the time stated (ex: set a 90 second timer and do as many mountain climbers as possible).
ADDITIONAL WORKOUT RESOURCES
If you are in need of a workout plan that doesn't take up too much time but still gets you the results you desire, try our Busy Body 4-Week Workout Plan.
UPDATE: Thank you to everyone new that is trying this workout! It's one of our favorites. If you are using this workout during your time at home, we have plenty more to choose from and even put them all in one place for you: At-Home Workout Resources
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12 week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
THE 100 WORKOUT
Watch the following video to view how to do each exercise (please excuse the poor quality!):
- 100 jumping jacks
- 90 high knees
- 80 star sit-ups
- 70 mountain climbers
- 60 froggers
- 50 squats
- 40 jump lunges
- 30 butt kicks
- 20 burpees
- 10 push-ups