OBSESSED. That’s the best word to describe how I feel about this recipe. We’ve been making it for the last few weeks. It all started when we were in Chicago for the World Series with Scott’s sister and brother (Go Cubbies!). We ate breakfast one morning at Chick-Fil-A. We never eat out for breakfast and don’t eat out that much in general, as you can tell from our weekly updates so I was so intrigued about this breakfast muffin I saw on their menu. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good original chicken biscuit or sandwich from time to time but didn’t want one this particular day.
I ordered this new (or at least new to me) sandwich called the Egg White Grill. I feel in love at first bite. I ordered mine without cheese…I’m not against cheese but I honestly don’t love cheese. Now, put a bowl of cheese dip in front of me and I can demolish it but I’m not a big fan of cheese on sandwiches or just eating blocks of cheese. Weird, I know but I also don’t like pillows or coffee soooo….. 😉
Once we got home I wanted to re-create it ourselves but after that trip (well, and before) was when our lives were basically out of control. We had a lot of VERY STRESSFUL things going on, including my aunt being in the hospital. I didn’t have another one of those breakfast sandwiches until January when we went to Chick-Fil-A just to get one to try and recreate it. Ever since then, we’ve made them almost every week (as I’ve shared on Instagram!).Print
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Pure Orange or Tangerine Juice (look at the ingredients and select one without added ingredients!)
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- English Muffins (we use Ezekiel English Muffins, which you can find in the frozen section of most grocery stores)
HOW TO PREPARE THE CHICKEN:
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Marinate in citrus juice. We pour juice in the bottom of a glass dish and then place the butterflied chicken breasts in the juice. We also rub the chicken with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- After the chicken has marinated (it doesn’t really matter how long, we normally let it marinate for 45 minutes to a few hours), place on hot grill and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
HOW TO PREPARE THE ENTIRE BREAKFAST SANDWICH:
- Cook 1-2 egg whites using an egg ring (or the lid of a mason jar!)
- Toast the English muffin
- Put the grilled chicken, egg, and cheese (optional) on the toasted English muffin and enjoy!