It’s time for another Ladder Workout Challenge! We love these, they are fun and very effective for when you don’t have much time (or even if you do have time!). You can choose to do the challenge one time or as many times through as you want. We’re also sharing one of our favorite post workout meals for after you’ve finished sweating AND a giveaway so get ready!
As you will see in the chart, you will be decreasing reps of one exercise while increasing reps of another exercise. You will start by doing 10 squat jumps and move straight into 1 plank tap, then do 9 squat jumps and 2 plank taps, and so on.
How to do a squat jump:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Lower into a squat position
- Jump quickly straight up into the air
- When you land, lower back into the squat position
- Land quietly and softly
How to do plank taps:
- Get into plank position
- Get into push-up position and keep your arms extended
- Your knees and arms should be about shoulder-width apart
- Engage your core by drawing your stomach in, careful not to sag or bend your bottom.
- Holding the plank position as listed above, lift one hand and lightly tap the opposite shoulder, replace that hand and repeat on the opposite side.
Now it’s time to eat!
I don’t know about you but I’m always starving post workout. I make a point to have a mix of protein and carbs after my workout. As you know by the numerous recipes we’ve shared, we almost always add liquid egg whites to our recipes. We add them to everything from protein bars and shakes to our baked goods. One of our favorites brands is AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites. AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites provide a quick and easy way to add protein to almost anything. One of the main questions we get about liquid egg whites is regarding the safety of them. The answer is that they are safe because they are pasteurized! Don’t get us wrong, we love whole eggs and healthy fats but sometimes recipes already have enough fat or we just want the benefit of only egg whites for a particular recipe and AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites provides that. As you can see each serving contains 5 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat, and only 25 calories!
One of my favorite things to eat after a workout is oats. There are so many different ways to eat them so they are never boring! Since we are temporarily living with my cousin and, therefore, not in our own kitchen, I try to keep things even more simple than usual. One of my favorite quick and easy ways to eat oats is a blueberry-banana combo. This takes less than two minutes to make and can be cleaned up quickly!
Clean Eat Recipe: Banana-Blueberry Oatmeal
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼-1/2 cup organic blueberries (I use frozen)
- ½ banana, mashed
- 3 Tbsp AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites
- Dash sea salt
- Stevia, or sweetener of your choice
- Hot water or unsweetened almond milk
- The amount will depend on your preference. Scott likes a lot of liquid in his and I prefer less so just experiment with what you like! If using unsweetened almond milk only, you will need to heat up the oats in the microwave or in a pan on the oven.
- Place oats in a bowl and add frozen blueberries (if using fresh wait until step number 4 to add them)
- Add AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites and hot water (or unsweetened almond milk). Stir to combine.
- Mash ½ a banana and add to oats.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
Now that we’ve worked out and had our post workout meal, it’s time for some real fun!
Ready for a fun giveaway that, if you win, will get you set up with a new Blender Bottle AND a training mat?! All you have to do is comment on this post to win. Let us know how you use liquid egg whites or how you plan on incorporating them into your meals.
** Open to US citizens only – 18 or older. Open to men and women. Winner will be selected using random.org. Leave your comment by 11:59 EST on April 21, 2017 in order to be eligible.
Connect with AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine.