This Ladder Workout Challenge consisting of Squat Jumps and Plank Taps is perfect for any fitness level and can be done at any time!
LADDER WORKOUT CHALLENGE
It's time for another Ladder Workout Challenge! We love these, they are fun and very effective for when you don't have much time (or even if you do have time!). You can choose to do the challenge one time or as many times through as you want.
As you will see in the chart, you will be decreasing reps of one exercise while increasing reps of another exercise. You will start by doing 10 squat jumps and move straight into 1 plank tap, then do 9 squat jumps and 2 plank taps, and so on.
To make this workout easier, take your time or cut the reps down. If you want to make this harder, add a rep or two to each exercise. Always use proper form and do not sacrifice form for speed.
HOW TO DO A SQUAT JUMP
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Lower into a squat position
- Jump quickly straight up into the air
- When you land, land quietly and softly into the squat position again
WATCH HOW TO DO A SQUAT JUMP IN THIS VIDEO:
HOW TO DO PLANK TAPS
Plank taps are also known as shoulder taps.
- Get into a plank position
- Get into a push-up position and keep your arms extended
- Your knees and arms should be about shoulder-width apart
- Engage your core by drawing your stomach in, careful not to sag, bend, or raise your bottom.
- Holding the plank position as listed above, lift one hand and lightly tap the opposite shoulder, replace that hand and repeat on the opposite side.
ADDITIONAL LADDER WORKOUT CHALLENGES
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6, and 12-week workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!