Every once in a while, living in the South entices me to want to eat biscuits, slathered with butter. We all know that I just can’t let that happen! Unless… they are GLUTEN FREE, EAT CLEAN biscuits! Yay! This recipe, also considered Paleo, was the result of such craving the other morning. I hope you enjoy!
Eat Clean Recipe: Gluten Free Paleo Breakfast Biscuits
Recipe Adapted from Cook Eat Paleo’s Easy Paleo Biscuits
- 3 c almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs, white and yolk
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP raw, local honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Form a well add in wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Using your hands, roll and pat out biscuits and place them on the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
5. Bake biscuits for approximately 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
Feel free to add “toppings” to these biscuits. Here are a few of our ideas – please leave your ideas in the comment field below. We would LOVE to hear them!
- Pureed fruit
- Organic butter
- Peanut butter, almond butter or Sunbutter