Fire up your grill and prepare these skillet fajitas! These are - hands down - some of the best fajitas we've ever had! The flavors are out of this world and you'll have a hard time eating only one serving. We've made these with half steak and half chicken and all chicken. Shrimp is another option that would work but we haven't tried it yet. Pair your fajitas with our Tex-Mex Black Beans!
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips (or 1 lb of chicken and 1 lb of sliced steak)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red or white onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Fajita seasoning (use our do-it-yourself version)
- Heat coconut oil with a little water under medium heat in a large skillet on a grill
- Once heated, add sliced chicken and 1/2 Tbsp garlic. Cook until white (4-6 minutes).
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- While chicken is cooling add 1 Tbsp of water to the skillet. Add bell pepper, onion, and remaining garlic to skillet. Cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Once vegetables have softened, add chicken back to skillet and add in all seasoning.
- Cook through until vegetables are completely tender.
For a paleo version, eat this with lettuce wraps. If you do not follow a paleo diet, you can use soft corn tortillas or brown rice tortillas.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American