If you haven't heard already we kind of have an obsession with a small town in NC named Boone. We go there A LOT during all seasons for hiking and skiing...and for eating! We already shared our Honey Glazed Banana recipe that we re-created from a restaurant in Boone and we just re-created one of our favorite appetizers from a restaurant in Blowing Rock! These tasted identical to the ones we order without being fried! Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Sweet Potato Fries with Blue Cheese Crumbles and Scallions
- 3 sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into fries (we use a gadget similar to this one).
3. Using an olive oil spritzer, spray the sweet potato fries until coated. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bake for 18 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and shake/flip the sweet potatoes and bake for another 18 minutes.
5. Once removed from oven, while potatoes are still hot, add blue cheese crumbles and scallions. This will allow for the blue cheese crumbles to partially melt.
- Scott and Whitney