If you’re looking for a simple, sweet, and mostly healthy dessert, you’ve come to the right place! Make these Pan-Fried Honey Bananas and in just a quick simmer, you’ll have tasty pan-fried bananas caramelized in honey with a dash of cinnamon.
Honey Glazed Bananas
Scott and I absolutely love these honey glazed bananas. We first discovered them at a Japanese restaurant called Makoto's in Boone, NC. After we hiked in the Blue Ridge Mountains, we stopped in for a little treat. Once we tried this a-m-a-z-i-n-g banana dessert, we knew we had to clean it up and get on the blog! I’m happy to tell you that we got the recipe down perfectly and can now share it will all of you!
You know the smell of banana bread rising in the oven? That mix of sweetly ripe mashed bananas and a hint of cinnamon? That’s exactly the delicious smell of these honey glazed bananas. Each slice is crispy on the sides and gooey in the center. Even better, they taste pretty darn close to the real deal too! Next time you’re craving a loaf of banana bread, try this quick and healthy fix instead.
Enjoy alone as a clean treat or place on top of your favorite Greek yogurt or this healthy pancake recipe. No matter how you eat them, you will absolutely love these Pan-Fried Honey Bananas!
Before you start sizzlin’ check out these tips:
- Be sure to use green tipped bananas. Unripe bananas will be firm and yield better results. You’ll notice in the pictures we used a super ripe banana. The flavor is essentially the same, it’s just a matter of a difference in texture.
- Only flip the banana slices one time. You want to let each side caramelize which means letting them get slightly burned (think the crunchy sugar topping on creme brûlée).
- You can use coconut oil if you’d like a more crispy texture to the edges.
- Medium to medium-high heat is best for pan frying bananas. Too low of a temperature will result in soggy and mushy bananas.
- Lastly, let the pan get hot before you put the banana slices in it. Once you see the honey starts to bubble, it’s time to add the banana slices.
That’s it - you’re ready to get cookin’!
WATCH how to make these Pan-Fried Honey Bananas (38 seconds):
This was originally published on April 30, 2013, and updated October 30, 2018.Print
Make these Pan-Fried Honey Bananas and in just a quick simmer, you’ll have tasty pan-fried bananas caramelized in honey with a dash of cinnamon.
- Slice banana into 1/2″ slices
- Combine honey & cinnamon into a small bowl (if necessary, briefly heat honey in microwave until it is liquid)
- Spray pan using an olive oil mister (or coat with coconut oil) and drizzle half of the honey and cinnamon mixture on the pan. Place on medium heat.
- Once the pan is warm, add banana slices.
- Cook on one side until browned (1-1 1/2 minutes) then flip over & add the remaining honey and cinnamon mixture. Cook for an additional (1-1 1/2 minutes).
- Serve immediately - enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American