Every once in a while in the Staples household, we get fancy. Remember, we have a 16-month old (who wolfed down two of these entire "packs" of asparagus AND salmon - wow!), so we don't have time to spend hours in the kitchen. These are the perfect appetizer or side dish to make for parties or a romantic dinner because they take all of 5 minutes to prep and about 10-12 minutes to bake. Their taste is amazing too!
Note: Wondering if bacon is clean? We buy the best cuts of organic bacon we can find. This means humanely raised, pasture-raised pork with very little to no sugars.
- 24 fresh asparagus stalks
- 3 pieces of bacon, cut in half
- 6 wood toothpicks
- coarse grind sea salt
- coarse grind black pepper
- onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 385 degrees F.
2. Prepare your asparagus stalks by washing/rinsing and cutting off ends.
3. Group 4 asparagus stalks together and secure by wrapping a piece of bacon around the stalks and securing with a toothpick.
4. Place on a foil-lined baking pan and sprinkle sea salt, black pepper and onion powder on asparagus/bacon "packs" to taste.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until bacon is fully cooked.
6. Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Count on about 2-3 "packs" per person.