Chocolate Oatmeal Almond Butter Cookies
adapted from Eat Clean Magazine's Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Almond Butter, stirred well
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Sucanat Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 oz dark chocolate (try Lindt Extra Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa), broken into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients until blended. Stir in Chocolate.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on to parchment lined baking sheets or non-stick baking sheets.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Let cool for approximately five minutes on baking sheets. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
Yields approximately 24 cookies.
He & She Tip: These cookies actually freeze well. Just wrap each individually in plastic wrap and pop in your freezer.