Plain and simple...just the way we like it!
Jillian Michaels' detox water consists of distilled water, cranberry juice, organic dandelion root tea and lemon juice. Why these particular ingredients mixed together? It's a natural diuretic drink!
But WAIT! Isn't distilled water bad for you? The short answer is no...distilled water isn't bad for you. Many people have this misconception because distilled water is slightly acidic and doesn't contain any organic minerals because everything except for the pure H2O is removed during the distillation process. You want to use distilled water for a cleanse or detox because you want the pure water to help remove toxins from your system, not add more toxins back into your system!
Moreover, your kidneys regulate the minerals you consume through the foods you eat, so unless you have existing kidney issues (and contrary to the opinions in the comments section), this drink will not harm you! With that said, we use spring water or alkalized water for daily water consumption while not detoxing. We don't recommend distilled water for daily consumption because our diets are already very acidic by nature, so alkaline water is the best way to go to keep your pH balance in check.
This is a detox water that you drink along with your clean, healthy meals...it is not designed to be a full-fledged cleanse, rather it should be used to reduce bloating and water weight. It's perfect to drink when you're seven days away from a big event.
The following posts will help you prepare for that special event:
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Check our disclosure policy for more details.
>>>> Ever feel like your whole life needs a detox? Join our Detox Your Life Challenge!
Jillian Michaels' Detox Water
- 60 oz of distilled water (if you're still afraid to use distilled water, spring water will be fine)
- 1 Tbsp cranberry juice (only PURE cranberry juice not the juice cocktail!)
- 1 organic dandelion root tea bag
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (squeezed from fresh lemon or 100% real lemon juice)
- Brew the tea as listed on the box and let it cool to room temperature
- Mix all ingredients together and add the tea (once cooled)
- Drink the entire mixture each day for up to 7 days (you will make a new batch each day)
- Many of you reached out about having a hard time finding the ingredients for this detox water. You can check your local grocery store but we order most of ours on Amazon. Below are a few links to the products:
- Again, this is water that you drink with your normal, healthy meals. You don't starve yourself while only drinking this water. ;-)
- I actually liked the taste of this water but it is bitter!
- You can consume this drink every 12 to 16 weeks.
Make sure you check out additional flavored water recipes below.