Want a FREE Dessert & Treat eCookbook?
Note: We're on Snapchat now! You can find us under hesheeatclean. We will be posting more of our meals, workouts, and money saving tips! Also, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Remember when your mother would pop the cornbread out of the oven? As I have mentioned before, my mom is from Louisiana - that means your cornbread is sweet (something I miss here in Georgia). This recipe is the perfect clean eating alternative to your traditional cornbread muffins and best of all, because of the kefir, it's probiotic!! I have made a breakfast version here, but you could replace the blueberries with some chopped up jalapenos for a Mexican flare side dish!
Clean Eat Recipe :: Sweet Blueberry Eat Clean Corn Muffins
- 1 1/2 c Whole Grain Stone Ground Cornmeal
- 1/2 c Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 c Ideal Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c Plain Low-fat Unsweetened Kefir
- 3 Tbsp Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk
- 1/4 c Unsweetened, No Sugar Added Applesauce
- 1/2 c fresh Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with olive oil.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisking together.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, whisking to combine thoroughly.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Pour batter into individual muffin tins.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.
Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Flour as an alternative.
1 serving is 2 muffins
- Calories: 181
- Carbs: 38g
- Proteins: 6g
- Fat: 2g
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.