Use this Savory Pie Crust recipe to make quiches, meat pies, side dishes, and dinners that are easy and healthy. This pie crust is gluten-free!
Wait... what?!? I can eat pie when I eat clean? Well, of course - as long as the ingredients are clean and they get you closer to your goals! Why not?
This pie crust is perhaps one of our easiest recipes - it just takes a food processor or a blender, a surface to roll out it on, a pie dish and an oven. The recipe isn't your typical sweet, graham cracker crust - it's more savory and tastes like a pastry-type crust. We recommend our Clean Savory Pie Crust for dishes such as quiches, meat pies, and side dishes - skip it for your favorite desserts. Don't forget! This recipe is gluten-free too!
Use this savory pie crust with our Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Quiche!Print
Use this Savory Pie Crust recipe to make quiches, meat pies, side dishes, and dinners that are easy and healthy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to blend and break up oatmeal approximately 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk almond milk, egg yolk, safflower oil and apple cider vinegar to a froth.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in the food processor and pulse to blend for approximately 45 to 60 seconds.
- Remove blade from food processor bowl and refrigerate dough for 45-60 minutes, enough time to chill and for the dough to thicken.
- Flour a large surface with oat flour. Remove dough from bowl and knead into a ball. Begin to flatten the dough out to 1/2" thickness.
- Place dough in a pie dish, ensuring that it spreads evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Use your thumb to create "wavy" sides if you wish.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Allow crust to cool for 20-30 minutes before adding filling.
Use this pie crust with our Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Quiche recipe.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American