Looking for something new for breakfast? This clean eating Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Quiche may be exactly what you need! It’s high in protein and gluten-free and is a wonderful break from the normal breakfast.
Yesterday, we brought you the Clean Savory Pie Crust recipe. You didn’t really think we would leave you with a recipe like that with nothing to put inside, did you? Try this out! It’s a great addition to your morning breakfast and a way to break up the monotony of the scrambled egg white AND it’s gluten-free! Best of all, you can eat on it for a few days! (Just make sure you seal a container and refrigerate it.)
Don’t forget to prepare the Clean Savory Pie Crust first.Print
This clean eating broccoli cheddar cheese quiche is high in protein and is gluten-free!
- 2 large eggs
- 8 egg whites, large eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup low fat, organic cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, and seasoning using a whisk.
- Add broccoli florets, yellow onion, and cheese to egg mixture, folding in the vegetables and cheese.
- Fill the Clean Savory Pie Crust (in a pie dish) with the egg mixture. The mixture should be approximately 1/4 inch from the top of the pie dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the egg is thoroughly cooked.
The macros below do not include the pie crust. Click here for the savory pie crust recipe and macros.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American