Spicy Citrus Quinoa Salad
I'll be honest with you... I told Scott that I would not be eating this and that it sounded disgusting. I was wrong and I found myself sneaking spoonfuls all throughout the process of making it! This Clean Eating Spicy Citrus Quinoa Salad has the perfect hint of sweet and spicy and is the perfect side dish for your meal and great for parties!
We've made quite a few things off of the Whole Foods Market app and we've never been disappointed. All of the dishes we've tried have been very flavorful and easy to make and this one is no exception.
Adapted from Whole Foods Market Quinoa Salad with Roasted Jalapeños recipe.Print
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch of red grapes (1-2 cups), halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Prepare quinoa as instructed on package.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop jalapeños and green pepper and toss with 1/2-1 Tbsp coconut oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast until slightly softened and black (approx 20 min).
- Once quinoa is cooked set aside to cool.
- Once cooled add all remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American