1/4 cup coconut oil
3 ounces of plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup Ideal Brown No Calorie Sweetener (Xylitol)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
dash of sea salt (approx 1/16 tsp)
3/4+ cup Almond Meal/Flour
Unsweetened Almond milk (for brushing rolls)
1 Tbsp Ideal Brown No Calorie Sweetener (Xylitol)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Beat coconut oil and greek yogurt in a large bowl with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
2. Add Xylitol, vanilla, and salt and continue to beat until mixed.
3. Slowly add almond meal/flour as you continue to beat the mixture - a dough will form.
4. Divide the dough into 2 round portions. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Once dough is chilled:
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. With a lightly floured surface, roll each ball of dough into 7-in rounds. Lightly brush with milk to assimilate flour into dough.
7. Combine Xylitol, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Lightly sprinkle mixture evenly over dough.
8. Cut each round into 8 wedges. Roll up each wedge starting with the wide end. Place cookies 1-in apart on a cookie sheet to bake.
9. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
Makes 16 cookies.
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.
P.S. Please note that Xylitol can be toxic to animals so keep this ingredient away from your pets.