Moving along in our “For Her” workout series, our next routine is a biceps and chest workout that is a regular occurrence in our gym repertoire.
Please Note: Before beginning routine, please ensure you are healthy enough to perform such exercises. Also, please adjust weight according to your own fitness levels. Weight suggestions are merely guidelines (we tend to lift additional weight varying with our skill level and intensity). Machine Assisted merely means that we advocate using a machine for this exercise vs. free weights.
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12-week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
Biceps & Chest Workout for Women
NOTE: This workout may NOT have many exercises, but if done to fatigue and with intent, you will definitely feel it.
Warmup: 5 Minute Treadmill Brisk Walk – 4.0-4.3 MPH
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press with Incline Pushups
Use Incline Bench for Chest Press and Flat Bench for Pushups
- 12x – 20lbs each side (40 lbs total)
- 20x – Incline Pushups
- 15x – 25lbs each side (50 lbs total)
- 15x – Incline Pushups
- 12x – 30lbs each side (60 lbs total)
- 10x – Incline Pushups
Concentration Dumbbell Bicep Curls
- 15x – 15lbs, repeat set on other side
- 12x – 20lbs, repeat set on other side
- 10x – 20lbs, repeat set on other side
21’s – Cable Chest Press
Note: These are not for the faint at heart! Please read the entire description prior to attempting.
- 7x – Standing Cable Chest Press, Right Leg Forward – 10lbs ea side
- 7x – Standing Cable Chest Press, Left Leg Forward – 10lbs ea side
- 7x – Kneeling (on knees, both in the same plane) Cable Chest Press – 10lbs ea side
- Repeat 2 additional times
Bicep Curls w/ EZ Curl Bar or Weighted Bar
- 20x – 20lbs total bar weight
- 15x – 30lbs total bar weight
- 10x – 30-40lbs total bar weight
Add ONLY if you have access to this in your gym – if not, your workout is over!
- Standing with feet shoulder-width apart, knees bent, back straight and chest up, grasp ropes, one in both hands. Move ropes outward and slap ropes inward squeezing your chest muscles with each movement. Do as many as you can for one minute. Rest for one minute.
- Repeat 2 additional times.
Got it, ladies? Remember, adapt this to your own personal strengths, fitness level and needs. Make sure that you vary the routine as well at least every 4-5 times you do it to keep your body guessing.
Additional Weight Training Workouts for Women:
- Shoulders, Abs & Calves Weight Training Workout for Women
- Biceps & Chest Weight Training Workout for Women
- Triceps & Back Weight Training Workout for Women