Eating clean doesn’t mean you have to ditch the grains, but if it tastes good, why not? These grain-free chocolate chip cookies are fabulous and you won’t miss the grain at all. The recipe is below.
- 1 c natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c mashed banana (approximately 1/2 of a small banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 c dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine coconut oil, egg and mashed banana, vanilla and maple sugar in medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add a small bowl of dry ingredients to wet mixture (step 2) in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Place drops or roll batter into cookies approximately 1 inch in diameter. Place cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 11-13 minutes. Allow cookies to thoroughly cool to harden, otherwise, cookies will be incredibly crumbly.