So you make all of your food for the week and then you realize that those flimsy plastic containers you bought from your local grocery just aren’t going to cut it… no problem! Here’s a list of our favorite containers and meal storage ideas.
Storage Containers for Meals:
1. Kinetic Go Green Glass Lock 16-pc Set, $72.39 – The glass storage sets may be more expensive, but I’ve had mine for over a year and they are by far, the best investment I have ever made (in a kitchen accessory. My best investment would have to be Jim… aww!).
2. Kinetic Go Green GlassLock 1332 17-oz Square Glass Food Storage Containers with Locking Lids, Set of 3, $19.99 – Again, my favorite. This is a wonderful size too – you can put SO much in these containers and it’s great for portion control.
3. BPA Free Snapware 38 Piece Airtight Plastic Storage Container Set, $39.98. These are a great alternative to the glass version – they are BPA free and worth every penny! You even get a carrying case lid with this set!
4. Stay-Fit Lunch 2 Go Container, EZ Freeze, $10.24. This is a great food storage container for taking your meals with you on-the-go and keeping them fresh! It even has the perfect space for a fork, knife and spoon!
6. Stay Fit Yogurt 2 Go Container, EZ Freeze, $5.77. This is the absolute PERFECT container for your greek yogurt snack/meal! It keeps the yogurt fresh and cold throughout the day and you get an extra container so you can add your walnuts, strawberries, blueberries, protein powder or whatever else you mix with your yogurt!
Storage Containers for Fruits and Vegetables:
1. Hutzler 58 Lemon / Lime Saver, $6.70.
2. Hutzler Garlic Saver, $5.26. Used just a few cloves? No problem! Pop your fresh garlic in this adorable little case and stick it back in your fridge until you need it again.
3. Hutzler Herb Saver, $6.91. My herbs always go bad if I keep them in the package from the grocery store. Stock up on these and save those herbs and some money!
Remember – finding proper storage for your meals will ensure freshness and taste quality. You won’t want to eat it if it doesn’t taste good! Eliminate your excuses!