Try this fabulous recipe for a clean dessert that won't keep you from your goals!
If you want a fun topping, slice berries, put them in a bowl and add a Tbsp of water or lemon juice. Microwave for 30 seconds and your fruit will begin to make syrup! (It's great on waffles or pancakes too!). Refrigerate your leftovers. This will stay good for about a week.
Macros: Per serving, not including strawberries (as shown)
- Calories - 73
- Fat - 1g
- Carbs - 10g
- Sugars - 3g
- Protein - 6g
- Sodium - 283mg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8" baking pan with pure olive oil spray.
- Combine flour and salt together in a small bowl by whisking together.
- Using an electric mixer (I LOVE my KitchenAid stand mixer for this!), beat cold egg whites, cold water, lemon juice and vanilla on medium speed until the egg whites increase about 4-5 times their volume and become "fluffy."
- Keep mixer on medium and mix in the Stevia in the Raw. The egg whites will form soft peaks at the top.
- Using a rubber spatula, begin folding in the flour mixture a little at a time. (Fold, then add, fold, then add, repeat.)
- Pour batter into pan, evening out the surface of the mixture with the rubber spatula.
- Bake for approximately 35-38 minutes until cake is cooked in the middle. You can use the toothpick test for this.
- Allow cake to cool. Cut into 9 pieces and top with your favorite fruit topping to serve.
- This makes 9 servings in an 8 x 8" pan.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American