This Mint Chocolate Antioxidant Smoothie is easy to make, tasty to drink, and loaded with nutrients.
- 1 organic peppermint tea bag
- 1 cup of water
- handful of ice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups of power greens (spinach, kale, etc)
- 1 small banana
- 1 TBSP raw cacao powder
- 3 TBSP cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Bring one cup of water to a boil. Remove from heat and place the peppermint tea bag in the hot water. Let the tea steep for 5 minutes, then discard the teabag.
- Let the tea cool before adding to the smoothie (to make it cool faster you can place the brewed tea in the refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes)
- Once the tea has cooled, blend ice, oats, greens, banana, cacao powder, and brewed tea in a blender until it resembles a smoothie.
- Pour the cacao nibs or chocolate chips into the smoothie and pulse for 10 seconds or until the chocolate chips are broken up into bits for a little crunch.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American