This Wild Blueberry Protein Banana Bread recipe has everything you need to feel satisfied without popular allergens like dairy, wheat, gluten, and even eggs!
- 3 medium, ripe bananas
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, regular or vanilla
- 2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup frozen, wild blueberries
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a small amount of coconut oil and a paper towel, lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan to discourage the bread from sticking.
- Peel and place the bananas in a bowl and using a fork, mash until you have a thick consistency. Add maple syrup, protein powder, vanilla extract and almond milk. Stir to combine. Ensure the protein powder is well dissolved.
- In a larger bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Add wet banana mixture to dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Once well mixed, fold in blueberries.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Check to ensure bread is fully baked using a toothpick or knife in the center. A more gelatinous texture is normal; however, you do not want a runny texture.
- Allow Banana Bread to cool before serving. Slice and enjoy!
- Oven temperatures vary. Keep an eye on your Banana Bread throughout the baking process. You may need to adjust the baking time by allowing your bread to cook longer or take the bread out early.
- Inspired by the Medical Medium’s Wild Blueberry Banana Bread recipe.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American