Jalapeno Pineapple Grilled Chicken is the perfect grilled chicken recipe. Using chicken breasts or thighs will leave you with juicy chicken that is filled with pineapple flavor and the perfect amount of heat from the jalapeno!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup mango pineapple preserves (no added sugars)
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cilantro (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides
- In a large mixing bowl stir jam, EVOO, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and red pepper flakes together. Reserve approximately 1/4 cup of the marinade for coating the chicken later.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and evenly coat with marinade. Cover the chicken and refrigerate for a few hours or more (if possible).
- After the chicken has marinated, place the chicken on your grill. Turn the chicken every few minutes for about 5-7 per side. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to grill chicken.
- Brush the reserved marinade over the chicken and cook for an additional minute on each side. Remove from the grill and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American