- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (add more for more spice)
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach (pkg. thawed, squeeze out water)
- 2 lbs ground lean pork
- 1 lb Italian style sausage
- 3 eggs, beaten
- In skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low and cook covered until onion is soft.
- Mix eggs in a bowl, add spinach to egg mixture, this will act as the glue that holds the meatloaf together. Add onion, garlic, and seasoning mixture to spinach and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine spinach, beef, and sausage. Knead with hands until throughout mixed.
- Form meat into large round meatloaf and bake for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian