UPPER BODY RESISTANCE BAND WORKOUT
No dumbbells, no problem! Are you looking to get a great workout at home with minimal equipment? We’ve shared with you a way to build your home gym for under $100 but if you want to pick one piece of equipment to get started with today, resistance bands would be a good choice!
Resistance bands are very inexpensive and if you get a complete set of bands (like these) you will have different levels of resistance.
We include resistance band exercises in the at-home versions of our workout plans but you can also use them at the gym if the weights and/or equipment you need is taken! We’ve put together this upper body focused resistance band workout for you to try at home or at the gym!
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12-week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
The rep and set range for this workout is a little different than most of our other plans so get ready for your arms to really feel the burn!
You will perform 8 reps of each exercise for 8 sets. This is a circuit workout so you will do bicep curls followed by shoulder press and continue on, with no rest, until you get to the 30-second rest break at the end!
As always, modify this workout to your fitness level. If you can only get through 3 rounds this time, make it your goal to get through 4 next time and work your way up to 8! Always warm up for at least 5 minutes before working out.
8 Bicep Curls
8 Shoulder Press
8 One Arm Rows
8 Tricep Extensions
High Knees – 30 seconds
Rest – 30 seconds
– Repeat 8 Times –
- Stand with the band under your foot. Grasp the resistance band at the ends. Bend your arms and bring your hands in front of your body to around shoulder height. Keep your elbows at your sides. Repeat.
- Start by standing on the resistance band. Grab the end of the band and extend your arms above your head (center picture). Bring your elbows down so that your arms are in line (right picture). Extend your arms above your head again and repeat.
One Arm Rows
- Stand in a staggered position and place one end of the resistance band underneath your foot. Grab the end of the band and pull it back towards your abdomen. Slowly return and repeat. Once you have completed all the reps listed on one side, switch sides.
- Place one end of the band under your foot and grab the other end with your hand. Bend your elbow so it is pointing up (left picture). Straighten your arm so that your hand is now pointing up (right picture). Slowly return to the starting position and repeat. Once you have completed all the reps listed on one side, switch sides.
- This is your cardio burst! If you can’t do high knees you can do butt kicks, jumping jacks, etc. Just keep your heart rate up for 30 seconds!
Grab your bands and try this workout with us!
More Upper Body Workouts:
- Arms & Legs Workout
- Shoulders & Abs Workout
- Right to Bear Arms Workout
- Jello Arms Workout Circuit
- Shoulders & Ab Workout for Women
** This was originally a sponsored post by Kohl’s. It was published on November 19, 2015, and has since been updated.13