Looking for a new triceps exercise? Try these Skull Crushers (also called many other things such as lying extensions using dumbells or lying EZ-bar extensions). These are included throughout our workout plans because we just can’t get enough of them! Use these to shape your triceps and get those arms you’ve always wanted!
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12-week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
HOW TO DO SKULLCRUSHERS
1. Lie face up on a bench as seen below. Hold the EZ bar over your chest with your arms straight up.
2. Bend your elbows and bring the bar down towards your forehead.
3. Squeeze your triceps and bring the bar back up to the starting position.
4. Repeat for the listed number of repetitions
- You can also perform these using dumbbells instead of an EZ bar.
- Perform each step in a slow and controlled motion.
- This may feel awkward at first so don’t use too much weight until you get the hang of the movement itself.