Looking for a plan that will get you in shape to summit any mountain or tackle any trail you choose? The Trailblazer 12-Week Hiking Workout Plan is JUST the plan you need with 12 weeks full of weight training and cardio workouts that will make you a better and stronger hiker!
We're very excited to release our new workout plan...one that has been [literally] YEARS in the making! It's been years not because we've been lazy, but because we wanted to make sure every little detail was just right.
After hearing from so many of you regarding information about getting in shape for hiking, we are now unveiling The Trailblazer 12-Week Hiking Workout Plan. This plan was designed not just to make you a better and stronger hiker, but can be used to help you prepare for trail running, distance racing, or even just to get/stay in shape. We will focus on improving your stamina and incorporate a functional strength-training program to help you reach that summit!
We don’t want you to “just hike”, we want you to be able to conquer any trail! We don't simply focus on working your legs and tell you to go to take a hike (ha!). Instead, we incorporate workouts for your entire body because being a strong hiker means having good all-around strength. Hikers need to have a strong back, strong arms, and strong shoulders to steady heavy packs and to help lift themselves up over boulders, strong and powerful legs to be able to handle the incline of the trail and [literally] put one foot in front of the other, and a strong core for balance and efficiency. You will be building your strength and cardiovascular fitness during each and every workout.
We have developed this plan based on our expertise by not only being a certified personal trainer for over eight years but also knowledge gained by hiking thousands of miles across North America, including Mount Whitney (the highest point in the lower 48), the Presidential Traverse, Half Dome, Angels Landing, and Colorado 14ers, among many others! We do not say this to brag but to show you can do this too (10 years ago, we probably couldn't have hiked a mile)! We don't hike (or do cardio) excessively before our hiking trips, we simply train year-round in a manner that is similar to how this plan is laid out.
You get this entire workout plan (60+ pages of workouts and helpful information) for less than the cost of ONE personal training session!
THE TRAILBLAZER 12-WEEK HIKING WORKOUT PLAN
- The plan can be done in the comfort of your own home!
- This plan is for all fitness levels as it can be scaled back or amped up, depending on your abilities
- Included in the plan are:
- 12 weeks of workout plans, including rest days, cardio/incline training/HIIT, and abdominal training. The workout plan tells you exactly what exercises to do, the number of reps, and the intensity to which you should be working at
- Logs for tracking both your strength and cardio training, as well as actual weight used and general feelings for the workout
- HIIT Routines
- Picture and video tutorials of many of the exercises included
- Easy-to-follow links to numerous hiking resources (such as what to pack and what to wear)
- What items are commonly on our grocery list and a sample for timing your daily meals
- Information about what to eat before and after a workout and what to eat during your hike
- Emphasis on sustainable hiking
- The workouts will take 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the specific workout and if cardio/HIIT is part of the workout or not
- Equipment required/suggested:
- Dumbbells (if you cannot get dumbbells, you can make your own with items you already have: DIY Dumbbells)
- Bench (or another sturdy surface such as a coffee table!)
- Resistance Bands (we do not have any band exercises specifically listed in this plan but many of the exercises can be done with bands in the place of dumbbells)
- Last, but not least, you will get the most of out this workout plan when you pair it with a healthy eating plan (good thing we have a ton of resources for you - all linked up in the plan!)
Note: This is a digital workout plan that will be delivered to your email automatically after purchasing. You will not receive anything in the mail as we do not ship physical copies. However, you can print this plan and place it into a binder or even have it spiral-bound!
If this isn't the plan you are looking for be sure to check out our other workout plans. We have something for everyone - from those wanting to run a marathon to those who want to simply stay in shape.
Still have questions? We may have answered it in our FAQ section! If you can't find the answer to your question, you can always email us.