What Thanksgiving celebration is complete without a little apple pie? Hold the ice cream and this clean treat will more than satisfy your cravings!Print
- 3 lbs tart, crisp baking apples
- 3 TBSP almond flour
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 TBSP light butter, unsalted, chilled and diced
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix almond flour and salt in a food processor to blend. Add remaining ingredients and blend until a ball of dough is formed.
- Press dough into a 9inch pie pan (or a cake pan in our case!) and cover with a wet cloth. Set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with water and add 2 TBSP of lemon juice
- Core, peel and slice apples, placing in water to prevent browning of apples
- Once apples are soaking, drain water and pat apples dry with a clean cloth to absorb excess water and moisture
- Add remaining ingredients, including remaining lemon juice to the apples and toss to combine
- Remove wet cloth and pour apple mixture into pie crust. Bake for 45-55 minutes until crust is golden and mixtures is bubbling on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool 1 hr before serving
Oxygen Magazine December 2012, pg 60
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American