If you are like me, you want to EAT your food. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE my protein shakes but sometimes I just want to chew my food. Well, I went for a run the other day and decided to refuel with this AMAZING treat (did you catch our post on what to eat before and after your run?). Try not to eat all of the Greek yogurt mixture before you add it to your banana (it’s similar to our Four Ingredient Protein Pudding). I’ll be honest, after this picture these pictures were taken I mashed it all together and devoured it!
Macros (not including optional toppings):
- Calories – 288
- Protein – 32g
- Carbs – 35g
- Fat – 3g
- Sugar – 19g
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup oats
- Peel and cut a banana in half, length-wise
- Mix together Greek yogurt, protein powder, and almond milk
- Add Greek yogurt mixture to open banana
Need a little extra help with incorporating strength training with your runs? Don’t want to think about your workouts? Let us be your personal trainers with our She Sweats 12-week Run Builder and decrease your mile time. It guides your workout each day and has everything you need! Find out more!
Don’t miss these posts!
- How to Extend the Life of Your Running and Athletic Shoes
- Strength Training and Running: Why You Should Do Both!
- What to Eat Before & After Your Run! Plus, is Carb Loading Necessary?
- Cardio Explained! Plus, Ways to Mix Up Your Cardio Routine!
- FREE Running Apps You Need to Have On Your Phone
- 4-Mile, 10 Minute Pace Playlist
- Motivation to Go the Extra Mile
- 5 Easy Ways to Prevent Running Injuries
- Stretches You Must Do If You Are A Runner