These Strawberry Shortcake Protein Bites are sweet (without refined sugar!), tangy, healthy, and are great for snacking.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour or oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3-5 fresh strawberries
- 1 oz freeze-dried strawberries (measures to a little more than a cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- In a food processor blend oats, flour, salt, and protein powder until combined (less than a minute).
- Add yogurt, vanilla or almond extract, unsweetened almond milk, and fresh strawberries to the food processor. Blend to combine (about a minute). Add coconut oil and blend one last time, just long enough to evenly distribute the coconut oil.
- Add the freeze-dried strawberries and pulse a few times. Don't over blend. There should be chunks of the dried strawberries.
- Scoop out a spoonful of the batter and roll it into a ball. Repeat until you run out of batter (approximately 20 bites).
- Place in the refrigerator to chill before eating
Store in the refrigerator or freezer
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American