These Strawberry Shortcake Protein Bites are sweet (but without refined sugar!), tangy, healthy, and are great for snacking. The whole family will love them!
Strawberry Shortcake Protein Bites
These little bites of happiness are packed full of strawberry flavor and can easily be made to fit different diets (use gluten-free flours if needed, for example). Not only will adults love them but they have been taste-tested and approved by kids as well!
They are made with healthy ingredients and only take a few minutes to assemble and then they are ready to chill in the fridge.
One of the ingredients you will need for this recipe is protein powder. If you are new to cooking or making treats using protein powder you might be wondering which protein powder to use. If so, we've reviewed our favorite clean eating protein powders for you.
How to Store these Protein Bites
You will likely get around 20 bites out of this recipe. Since these contain Greek yogurt they will spoil if left on the counter so they should be stored in the refrigerator when you aren't eating them.
Place them into an airtight container using wax paper or parchment paper in between each layer to prevent sticking.
More Great Protein Snack Options
- Healthy Protein Bar Recipe (only 4 ingredients!)
- Protein Pudding
- Apple Pie Protein Squares
- No-Bake Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Protein Bites
- Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
And if you are looking for more strawberry shortcake recipes, try our Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie!Print
These Strawberry Shortcake Protein Bites are sweet (without refined sugar!), tangy, healthy, and are great for snacking.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour or oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3-5 fresh strawberries
- 1 oz freeze-dried strawberries (measures to a little more than a cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- In a food processor blend oats, flour, salt, and protein powder until combined (less than a minute).
- Add yogurt, vanilla or almond extract, unsweetened almond milk, and fresh strawberries to the food processor. Blend to combine (about a minute). Add coconut oil and blend one last time, just long enough to evenly distribute the coconut oil.
- Add the freeze-dried strawberries and pulse a few times. Don't over blend. There should be chunks of the dried strawberries.
- Scoop out a spoonful of the batter and roll it into a ball. Repeat until you run out of batter (approximately 20 bites).
- Place in the refrigerator to chill before eating
Store in the refrigerator or freezer
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American