These Scrambled Egg Bunnies are a great way to get your kids to actually eat their healthy breakfast!
SCRAMBLED EGG BUNNIES
This recipe only adds a few minutes to your prep/cooking time and provides for big smiles from kids (and adults)! You will be eating a healthy, well-rounded breakfast if prepared as we share. This recipe can easily be scaled up or down depending on how many bunnies you need to make.
These are the perfect breakfast for Easter but kids will enjoy them all year! These pair perfectly with our Bunny Face Pancakes!
HOW TO MAKE BUNNY EGGS
You’ll start by scrambling eggs like you normally do (here’s how we make the best-scrambled eggs) and cooking bacon. After those items are done, you can arrange them how you please using our pictures as inspiration. The bacon becomes bunny ears, cheese for the eyes, nose, whiskers, and bow/bowtie. Add more character by using blueberries for the eyeballs and a strawberry for the nose. Get creative with what you have though, many different types of fruits and even vegetables can be used to make the bunny face.
IDEAS FOR THE BUNNY FACE
- Carrot Slice
- Bacon (sliced thin)
TIPS ON INGREDIENTS TO BUY
- No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
- Organic whole milk
MORE KID-FRIENDLY RECIPES
Try some of our Non-Candy Easter Basket Ideas to fill up that basket with fun toys and useful items that your littles will love!Print
- 6 large eggs
- 2 slices of cheese
- 6 pieces of fruit
- 2 strips cooked bacon (possibly 1 more strip if you are using bacon for the whiskers too!)
- Prepare the face: cut two small circles (eyes) in each slice of cheese, then cut 6 strips (whiskers) in each of the remaining cheese slices. Cut the tip off 2 strawberries (nose). Adjust as needed to fit the ingredients you are using for the face. Set aside and begin the next step.
- Scramble your eggs – we use this method for the best-scrambled eggs
- Traditional Method: Lightly grease a skillet and turn the heat to medium-low. Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Whisk eggs together until combined. Pour eggs into the preheated skillet. Cook the eggs, stirring until scrambled and fluffy.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and divide the eggs evenly onto two plates (adjust as needed for the number of bunnies you are making).
- Cut each strip of bacon in half and nestle it into the eggs to make the ears. Place the two circle cheeses on the eggs to make the eyes, then place one blueberry on each circle. Place the strawberry tip below the eyes in the middle. Make the whiskers by placing 3 strips of cheese on each side of the strawberry. Adjust as needed for your ingredients.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American