Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Don’t let the quinoa throw you off – it makes these pancakes delicious! Don’t have any quinoa? Don’t worry! You can still make them, you just might have to add extra oat flour or rolled oats. These smell and taste like fall!
Try these additional fall recipes:
- Pumpkin Protein Shake
- Overnight Pumpkin Oats
- Pumpkin Protein Bars
- Pumpkin Cranberry Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Protein Cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling – pure pumpkin)
- 1 organic egg
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened organic applesauce
- 2 small scoops stevia
- Cook one cup of quinoa according to directions on package.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir until combined. Stir in quinoa. Set batter aside.
- Heat skillet (we lightly coat with coconut oil) and once skillet is warm add batter in 1/4 cup increments. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Heat pancake until browned on one side. Flip and heat the other side.
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin, fall, easy