from Beach Body? Have you tried P90X and wondered what more was out there? Let’s just say that it’s not for the weak, but if you want to try a fast-paced, blood-pumping workout that is NOT for the casual exerciser, you have got to get your hands on Insanity!
Here’s an unbiased review on the
What You Get:
– 12 Various Body Part and/or Training Specific DVDs
– Insanity Training Calendar with suggestive DVDs for each day and information about rest days
– Insanity Elite Nutrition Guide – We love this!! Many of these recipes are clean and they taste great too!
– Fitness Guide with FitTest
Why We Like It:
– No Equipment Needed – Perhaps the best treat for Jim is that there is NO equipment necessary other than a DVD player and some sort of monitor (a TV or even a laptop). It’s totally portable and travels well when he is on the road. Here’s a shout out to the person in the hotel room below – sorry for the large noises caused by the plyometrics exercises!
– Variety – Although the exercises are sports-specific and many are plyometric exercises, you don’t really get board with these workouts! You cycle through the entire DVD set in 2 weeks, so it’s just enough time for your body not to get used to it and for you to stay engaged through the workouts.
– Count Downs – If you know me (Tiffany) at all, you would know that I need some level of success to continue going. I need to know that I am making progress and exactly how much longer I have left to go. The DVDs do just that! There is a time marker at the bottom of the screen that counts down during the entire workout so you know how much more you have left before breaks – it’s fabulous!
What We Don’t Like:
There really isn’t much that we don’t like with this DVD series; however, that said, I will caution you that it is WORK! It’s not easy and if you have knee problems, you may experience a LOT of discomfort with the large amount of plyometric exercises involved in each DVD workout. I would definitely make sure you are up for this challenge before you begin
Tiffany and Jim