One of my favorite things when I was little was looking forward to “Food Nights.” Not necessarily, a bad thing, creating a night of the week that you have a particular genre of food each week can not only be fun but it can help you prep your meal plan for the week in a snap!
Picture this… it’s Thursday and you have run out of your Sunday prep food and you aren’t quite sure what you are going to have for dinner. You want a fun meal that the ENTIRE family will enjoy, but you want it to be clean and healthy too. Why not incorporate a pasta night? No… we aren’t talking floury pastas with cheese and cream. This is a flavorful, protein-packed brown rice pasta dish that you can make when all you have is 20 minutes. (It doesn’t hurt that this tastes like (we say like, because it’s better!) a pepper pasta dish at one of those famous chain Italian restaurants *wink, wink*.)
Clean Eating Sausage and Peppers Pasta
Pasta Night in Less Than 20 Minutes!
- Olive Oil Spray (We recommend using a Misto with your favorite Olive Oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1lb Clean Chicken Sausage, sliced (We used Bilinski’s Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausage)
- Clean Pasta Sauce (We used Mario Batali’s Arrabbiata Sauce)
- Brown Rice Pasta (We used Jovial Organic Brown Rice Spaghetti)
1. Spray large sauce pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium heat.
2. Add red and green bell peppers and yellow onion. Saute in pan until peppers begin to soften and onions are almost clear.
3. Add in sliced sausage and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add pasta sauce and reduce heat to low.
5. Prepare pasta as directed.
Servings Size varies depending on your caloric needs of the pasta. However, the pepper/sausage mixture should yield enough 6 servings.
Mets are not available for this recipe as this varies greatly depending on ingredients used.