This Sausage and Peppers Brown Rice Pasta recipe is a flavorful, protein-packed brown rice pasta dish that you can make when all you have is 20 minutes.
One of my favorite things, when I was little, was looking forward to “Food Nights.” Not necessarily a bad thing: creating a night of the week that you have a particular genre of food each week can not only be fun but it can help you prep your meal plan for the week in a snap!
Picture this… it’s Thursday and you have run out of your Sunday prep food and you aren’t quite sure what you are going to have for dinner. You want a fun meal that the ENTIRE family will enjoy, but you want it to be clean and healthy too. Why not incorporate a pasta night? No… we aren’t talking floury pasta with cheese and cream. We are talking about this clean eating Sausage and Peppers Brown Rice Pasta! It doesn’t hurt that this tastes like (we say like because it’s better!) a pepper pasta dish at one of those famous chain Italian restaurants! *wink, wink*
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Check our disclosure policy for more details.Print
- Spray a large saucepan with olive oil spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add red and green bell peppers and yellow onion. Saute in pan until peppers begin to soften and onions are almost clear.
- Add in sliced sausage and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and reduce heat to low.
- Prepare pasta as directed.