Want a workout you can do that will get you outside and get your heart rate going? Try this Shape Up September Outdoor Workout Circuit. Do it anytime, not just September!
Let's celebrate the beginning of fall with a little circuit workout that will get your heart rate going and get you outside enjoying the beautiful cooler temps (and the lack of humidity in GA!). Grab a towel, some water, and head to a nearby park (with stairs, a park bench, and a hill).
This was originally published on Sep 23, 2012 and updated Aug 28, 2018.
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12 week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
The Shape Up September Outdoor Toning Circuit Workout
Warm Up (repeat 1x)
- 3 minute light jog
- 30 seconds mountain climbers
- 30 seconds jumping jacks
Workout (repeat 2-4x depending on fitness level and available time)
- Hill sprints - 5x
- 60 seconds high knees
- 30 tricep dips on a park bench
- 40 park bench step ups, alternating lead leg - 20x each leg
- 60 seconds burpees
- 20 incline pushups on a park bench
- 40 sets park bench taps, alternating legs, fast pace (tap toe on bench reaching leg up each time)
- 2 minutes continuous stair climb, fast pace
- 4 minute light walk/jog (include hill)
- 1-minute walk
- Stretches (personal choice)