Looking to jumpstart your mornings? Do this Quick Morning Workout Challenge and find newfound endurance and strength! This daily challenge includes burpees, push-ups, squats, and a plank it will get your heart rate up and you ready to take on the day!
Quick Morning Workout
While doing the March Madness Fitness Challenge I decided I wanted to make a new challenge of just the four exercises that I *love* to hate but instead of making them different each day, keep them the same.
This is a great short quick morning workout to do right when you wake up, before your normal workout, or even after your regular workout. It's an easy routine that can really impact your fitness levels with basic routine movements.
If you are a beginner this could be your only workout but for most of you, this should be done in addition to the workout you have planned for the day. We hope that is one of our workout plans! We have 4, 6, and 12-week workout plans for all fitness levels!
What is the Morning Workout Challenge?
This list of exercises is ideal for the person who wants a basic routine and to stick with the same things daily. If you just want to be able to crawl out of bed and to the same thing every day, then this is for you. All you have to do is a few stretches before and after, and you have a great addition to your regular cardio choices.
- 10 burpees
- 30-second plank
- 10 push-ups
- 10 squats
How to do a Burpee
- Squat with your hands on the ground in front of you
- Kick your feet back into the plank position
- Do a push-up (if you are up for the challenge!)
- Quickly return to the squat position
- Jump as high as you can as you stand back up
How to do a Push-Up
- On the ground, place your hands a little wider than shoulder-width apart
- Keeping your body straight (don't let your bottom sag or stick up), lower your chest to the ground
- Return to the starting position (arms straight) in a controlled manner
- Need more help? Here is more information on how to a do a push-up (with pictures)
How to do a Squat
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your chest up and forward
- Your knees should be directly over your toes.
- Lower your bottom as if you are sitting on a chair. Engage those quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes – think about the muscles you are working while you exercise.
- Return to starting position and repeat.
- Need more help? Here is more information on how to do a squat (Plie Squat and Bodyweight Squat, with videos)
How to do a Plank
- Get into the push-up position. Lower onto your elbows.
- With your knees and arms around shoulder-width apart hold this position as long as possible with good form.
- Your shoulders should be in line with your elbows.
- Engage your core by drawing your stomach in, careful not to sag or bend your bottom.
- Need more help? Here are pictures explaining how to do a plank
More Fitness Challenges
- 30 Day Ab Challenge
- Squat Challenge
- 30-Day Walking Challenge
- 28-Day Plank Challenge
- 30-Day HIIT Challenge
- Wall Sit Challenge
- Lunge Challenge
- 30 Days of Cardio
- Quick Morning Challenge
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12-week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. Find out more!