Looking to jumpstart your mornings? Do this quick and effective workout each morning. With burpees, push-ups, squats, and a plank it will get your heart rate up and you ready to take on the day!
While doing the March Madness Fitness Challenge I decided I wanted to make a new challenge of just the four exercises that I *love* to hate but instead of making them different each day, keep them the same.
This is a great short workout to do right when you wake up, before you go to bed, or before or after your normal workout.
If you are a beginner this could be your only workout but for most of you, this should be done in addition to the workout you have planned for the day. We hope that is one of our workout plans! We have 4, 6, and 12-week workout plans for all fitness levels!
MORNING WORKOUT CHALLENGE
- 10 burpees
- 10 push-ups
- 10 squats
- 30 second plank
Unsure how to do each exercise? Learn how:
How to do a Burpee:
- Squat with your hands on the ground in front of you
- Kick your feet back into plank position
- Do a push-up (if you are up for the challenge!)
- Quickly return to the squat position
- Jump as high as you can as you stand back up
- On the ground, place your hands a little wider than shoulder width apart
- Keeping your body straight (don’t let your bottom sag or stick up), lower your chest to the ground
- Return to the starting position (arms straight) in a controlled manner
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your chest up and forward
- Your knees should be directly over your toes.
- Lower your bottom as if you are sitting on a chair. Engage those quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes – think about the muscles you are working while you exercise.
- Return to starting position and repeat.
- Get into push-up position. Lower onto your elbows.
- With your knees and arms around shoulder-width apart hold this position as long as possible with good form.
- Your shoulders should be in line with your elbows.
- Engage your core by drawing your stomach in, careful not to sag or bend your bottom.
Ready for another challenge? We have a TON of free challenges to choose from!
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12-week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!