This Meatball Skillet is easy to make and very filling…just avoid eating the whole pan of meatballs when you make this! 🙂Print
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or chicken breasts
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine meat, egg, oats, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form into meatballs (makes approximately 16 meatballs).
- Heat Olive Oil on medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook for 3-5 minutes, turning frequently until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients (except cilantro) and mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium and partially cover, cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until meatballs are cooked through. Add cilantro.
- Makes 16 meatballs. Serving size is 4 meatballs and 1 cup of the mixture.
- Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine’s Southwest Meatball Skillet
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Mexican